Medical Services Consumer Resources
- National Institutes of Health
- The National Institutes of Health web site is huge, with links to countless other sites, all having to do with (you guessed it) HEALTH. In particular, the sections having to do with HEALTH INFORMATION and SCIENTIFIC RESOURCES are both impressively vast, and typically quite helpful. You can do no-cost MedLine searches here as well, and link to on-line catalogs, journals, and learn about ongoing research projects. You could spend hours surfing this site, and learn tons.
- Foodborne Illness: What Consumers Need to Know
- Part of a website designed to provide health and safety information for HIV-positive individuals, and persons living with AIDS, this web-page provide simple, yet important, information about foodborne illnesses and how best to avoid them.
- Family Doctor: E. coli
- The American Academy of Family Physicians’ site, with facts about E. coli infection, ranging from symptoms, complications, detection, and treatment.